While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Greetings from Cornwall

in Introduction to the group Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 pm
by Dean_Ashton • 2 Posts

We are new members of NLO and new to the South West Astro-imagers. Dean has been imaging for a number of years, albeit infrequently. Equipment is a 235mm (9.25") Celestron EdgeHD SCT with a CGEM mount and a 200mm C8 SCT with a AVX mount. We are looking forward to sharing and learning with other astro-imagers in the South West.

Dean and Jacquie Ashton

Celestron 235mm EdgeHD SCT; Celestron CGEM Mount; LoadstarX2 autoguider; Off-Axis Guider; Starlight Boss II focus system; Celestron Nightscape OSC CCD; SkyRis 618C CCD.
Scroll up

RE: Greetings from Cornwall

in Introduction to the group Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:25 pm
by Leonis • 1.285 Posts

Welcome Jacquie and Dean. Look forward to seeing your images from that great kit! John

Lots of bits. Some useful, some not.
Last edited Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:26 pm | Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:39 am
by deepskysteve • 6.575 Posts

Hi Dean, Jaquie Welcome to the forum glad to see your excellent images we are just a small group but very friendly hope to meet you one day.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:45 am
by Dean_Ashton • 2 Posts

Thank you John and Steve. We are both coming to the NLO for the 2017 Asto Fair. If you are there it would be great to meet. Jacquie and I are both former science teachers. My first dabble in Astronomy was when I was 14 looking at Saturn through a friends very small refractor in his back garden. I picked it up again some four years ago when Jacquie bought me a Celestron C8 as a surprise birthday present. The hobby grew! Work has meant that while a passionate amateur astrophotographer it has been relatively infrequent that I have been able to be able to take advantage of the rare clear sky in Cornwall. Always looking to learn from others and share what we have learnt where we can.

Celestron 235mm EdgeHD SCT; Celestron CGEM Mount; LoadstarX2 autoguider; Off-Axis Guider; Starlight Boss II focus system; Celestron Nightscape OSC CCD; SkyRis 618C CCD.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Col1807
Board Statistics
The forum has 4392 topics and 23386 posts.

0 members have been online today: