While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

A big hello from Rockbeare.

in Introduction to the group Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm
by Martyn • 3 Posts

Reasonably new to the area at just over 5 years and find this part of the country fascinating with the beautiful countryside. Not that Newcastle hasnt got its own places of beauty but being closer to various coastlines gives it an edge.
Longstanding interest in astronomy from being a kid with my first telescope at 10 and watching all the apollo missions i am now at the exciting part of owning better equipment than my small 40mm telescope and army binoculars.

I now presently own 2 mounts, An EQ5 pro and a Heq5 pro (both belt driven). Telescopes are a skywatcher 200pds, Orion 90mm refractor and budget celestron travel scope. Cameras are canon 1000d, canon t3 and a canon 550d i also use a qhy5 for guiding and planet capture. All built in a purpose made obsy with a permanent pier. (which was fun to do)
I also have a plan if possible to join the local astronomy club in Sidmouth.

Thank you for letting me join the forum, So many topics to read about too.

Martyn

Scroll up

RE: A big hello from Rockbeare.

in Introduction to the group Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 pm
by David Strange • 1.312 Posts

Welcome Martyn! Come along to NLO on a Friday night at 7.30pm for a taster session, and do join us if it suits, you'd be very welcome.

David

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 pm
by Martyn • 3 Posts

Hi David.

Thank you and also thank you for the invite. Is the sessions every friday at 7.30pm. I can't make tonight but i more than likely can make next friday if that is a fixed day an time

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 pm
by David Strange • 1.312 Posts

Yes, every Friday at 7.30pm in winter months, 8.30pm in summer.There's generally a talk in planetarium at 7.30pm followed by a talk in lecture hall/observing with telescopes 8.30pm
david

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 pm
by revandBellman • 5.169 Posts

Welcome Martyn's.

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:09 pm
by Martyn • 3 Posts

Thanks David. I will do my best to get across to Sidmouth on friday, It's not too far from me so that's a bonus. Appreciate the welcome too revandBellman. :D

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 pm
by Leonis • 1.305 Posts

Welcome Martyn. The NLO is a great place and you will be very welcome.

Lots of bits. Some useful, some not.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Stephen Gapper
Board Statistics
The forum has 4454 topics and 23538 posts.

0 members have been online today: