While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

New to group

in Introduction to the group Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:35 pm
by sreilly24590 (deleted)

I came this way by an active thread that was talking about some plug-ins and I thought this would a wonderful place to explore and share. So far it seems to have gems at every turn and I'll be spending some quality time here.

I started my astronomy journey with a Celestron Ultima 8 and about a year later I decided I really wanted to image. My first camera was a SBIG ST7 and it became apparent fairly quickly that I was going to need to spend a good deal of time learning how to use the equipment together. Over time, and what I thought to be a fairly decent collection of images at the time, I realized that I was far from the quality of images I wanted. The first excitement came when I finally got the image focused only to realize that while close it wasn't really that focused. Then came the round stars. When I could finally go 10-15 seconds and the stars were round, well maybe really close. Each step took time and lots of patience. But over time it started to come together.

Years later I think I do an OK job of imaging and my equipment gives me more than a fair chance. But there's always more to learn and more to share with those starting this same exciting but daunting journey. Software has gotten way better and hardware is making life much easier. Most of my imaging these days is automated and done while I sleep.

But I haven't gotten to the point I feel I can rest on my laurels and so I'm here to share and learn what I can.

Scroll up

RE: New to group

in Introduction to the group Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:44 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.530 Posts

Hi Steve, A very warm welcome I am glad you stumbled across us, we are a witty bunch of Brits and we too hope we can learn from others so your valuable experience will come in handy very much look forward to hearing your joys of spending lots of money and being out in the cold as we do!!.
Regards
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:27 pm
by AllanJ • 585 Posts

Hi Steve, and welcome from me. Like your website - I am just about to embark on learning to use Pixinsight, so experienced accounts are welcome.
Allan

Equinox ED80 and 66, HEQ5 Pro, Atik 460EX, 314L and Titan; Skywatcher 250P FlexTube Auto/GOTO; Celestron NexStar 4SE; Coronado PST, DMK41
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:06 pm
by Pete Bellem (deleted)

Welcome to the group Steve. Nice website and images. We have only been imaging for the past 4 to 5 months and looking to upgrade our camera from the Orion Starshoot G3 to an Atik 4000. Look forward to seeing some more of your images.

Pete and Sharon

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Hi Steve and welcome to our forum, I've been messing around with scopes and stuff for a couple of years now but the software and processing cause me lots of frustration, my youngest Son however seems to gave gotten the hang of it.
Like your website and images, looks like you get better weather than we do here!

Pete

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Last edited Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:38 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Colinlionvillas
Board Statistics
The forum has 4322 topics and 23160 posts.

2 members have been online today: