While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Other Astro Societies BBQing on Saturday Night

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm
by Katen • 273 Posts

One of our visiting astro groups has asked the following:-

"asked about the possibility of having an informal barbecue and Star Party after the end of the Fair (provided the weather is OK) if we bring some stuff along for this (barbecue, food, drinks). We'll have at least a couple of telescopes with us for this (a 14" SCT and a 16" Meade Dobsonian so far).

It would be really nice to do this. I don't know if anyone else might be interested in being part of/contributing to this if it's practical to do it."

He put it in an email to me which he copied to the other three visiting groups too.

I don't have a problem with this, (and of course it would look really unwelcoming of us to say no you can't) as long as they are happy to do their own bbqing contributing food drink etc (which he has said they will do) and that they understand that we don't have the facilities for them to sleep over.

My concern is that I don't want you guys that stay on Saturday night being disturbed whilst trying to sleep by other people stargazing.

Does anyone have any strong thought / feelings about this and who is planning on staying over anyway?

I will need to email them back by say Tuesday evening.

Many thanks

Kate

Scroll up

RE: Other Astro Societies BBQing on Saturday Night

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:15 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.574 Posts

Hi Kate, To be honest this needed to be put to the meeting last week I suggest you contact the directors before giving approval, I personally don't mind in the least ( imagers sleeping when it's clear I should think not!! ) I may have a couple of visitors arriving in the evening, my other half and her friend who has terminal cancer and her father just to have a look around . But I would honestly run it by the dir's etc, I am not being a party poop-per. It will stop people moaning.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:59 pm
by Katen • 273 Posts

Thank you Steve, they only asked today! hence my post here thinking this would get to the people who stood to be most affected by it ie the imagers

Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:32 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.574 Posts

Hi Kate Oh I see no problem I am sure no one else will mind
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Last edited Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:35 pm | Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:43 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

OK by me, the more the merrier.

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Col1807
Board Statistics
The forum has 4392 topics and 23385 posts.

1 member has been online today :