While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Sorry we've not been properly intoduced!

in Introduction to the group Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Hello everone and sorry I did not introduce myself when I registered, you see I forgot my username and PW! Bit of a senior moment I think. Anyway I'm here now......I'm Pete Youd, dad to Will also a new member. We've been coming to the NLO since about last October and we really enjoy it.
Got our first scope a Celestron C8 with Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Synscan mount in March from the nice people at FLO and more recently aquired a WO Zenithstar 66SD APO.
We have done a bit of imaging with a Canon 20D and now thinking of getting an Atik (or 2!).
See you all Friday.
Pete

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

RE: Sorry we've not been properly intoduced!

in Introduction to the group Mon May 16, 2011 9:42 pm
by Dave • 3.243 Posts

Hi Pete

Welcome again to AAISW
See you Friday too
Star Party this weekend, bring your sleeping bags!

Dave

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon May 16, 2011 9:45 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.575 Posts

Hi pete welcome, see you friday don't forget if weather good we will be staying over

Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue May 17, 2011 4:37 pm
by Martin-Devon • 211 Posts

Hello Pete, and welcome from another newbie. I'd seen postings before by Herbig on SGL and that these were from somebody in Devon - nice to make the linkage now. How did you think up Herbig? There must be something cryptic here! I met you & your son Will when I was last at the Friday night session at the NLO - you were collecting nice images with the DSLR.

Regards,
Martin

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue May 17, 2011 5:17 pm
by Dave • 3.243 Posts

I aint sure its Herr Big (as in Mr Big) as Will towers over him :o)

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue May 17, 2011 5:44 pm
by THE YOUDST3R • 279 Posts

haha! :) No it's Herbig as in Herbig Stars, Dad couldn't think of a Astro related name (if I remember right) and Herbig Stars was one of the NLO lectures we went to a while back.

Celestron C6 SCT Celestron C8 SCT, Skywatcher Equinox ED80 Pro, Two William Optics Z66's, TeleVue 60
Skywatcher NEQ6 Mount, Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Mount,
Atik 314L+ Mono, Atik Titan Mono, Meade DSI I Mono, Canon 40D and 20D DSLR's
Atik EFW2 Filter Wheel with LRGB and Narrowband Filters
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue May 17, 2011 9:27 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

As usual Will is always right!

Pete

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed May 18, 2011 9:08 am
by revandBellman • 5.134 Posts

Hello Pete nice to have you on the forum.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am
by Martin • 450 Posts

Hi Pete

Glad you remembered your password. i have the same problem, its the old grey cells !!

Martin

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Just thought I'd add a Herbig Star is a pre–main sequence star - a young (<10Myr) star of spectral types A or B. These stars are still embedded in gas-dust envelopes and may be surrounded by circumstellar disks. Hydrogen and Calcium emission lines are observed in their spectra. They are 2-8 Solar mass objects, still existing in the star formation (gravitational contraction) stage and approaching the main sequence (i.e. they are not burning hydrogen in their center). In the Hertzsprung–Russell diagram these stars are located to the right of the main sequence. They are named after the American astronomer George Herbig, who first distinguished them from other stars in 1960. My profile photo is region N11B in the LMC from Hubble - Thank you NASA!

Pete

Last edited Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Col1807
Board Statistics
The forum has 4392 topics and 23386 posts.

0 members have been online today: