While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Hello from another Allan

in Introduction to the group Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 pm
by AllanJ • 597 Posts

I joined the NLO Society at the SW Astro in 2008, but had not been to any sessions until last Friday (10th June) when I came along to find out what happens, and was made welcome by the folks I met there (but I am not changing my name to Bob, sorry).
I bought my first telescope early in 2008, a Celestron NexStar 4SE, then in 2010 I acquired a Skywatcher 250P FlexTube Auto Dobsonian. This was just a few months before Skywatcher brought out the GOTO version of that 'scope, but I have recently bought a Merlin table-top mount so that I could use the SynScan GOTO hand control on the dob. I dabbled with afocal imaging (Canon Powershot) until I got a NexImage webcam once I had a netbook to drive it. I have been using a solar filter for white light observing and imaging, and now that the Sun is getting much more active I have just bought a Coronado PST.
I also have the usual Bresser 10x50 Lidls bins, and I will admit to a Celestron TravelScope 70 (with a red dot finder).
Mostly I observe from my back garden, and have been to a few SGL star parties (same user name on SGL).
I don't have any plans as yet to go to an equatorial mount and refractor imaging setup - maybe one day - and I am mostly an observer.
Allan

Equinox ED80 and 66, HEQ5 Pro, Atik 460EX, 314L and Titan; Skywatcher 250P FlexTube Auto/GOTO; Celestron NexStar 4SE; Coronado PST, DMK41
Scroll up

RE: Hello from another Allan

in Introduction to the group Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:32 pm
by revandBellman • 5.120 Posts

Hello Alan, welcome to the forum and good to see you at the NLO. Look forward to hearing about your observations and see any of your first images with the neximage.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 am
by deepskysteve • 6.558 Posts

Hi Alan, we met on Friday glad you decided to join us and hope we can be of any use to you..

Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:08 am
by Martin-Devon • 211 Posts

Hi Allan - we also met at the NLO when you popped down (you recall I was struggling to polar align!). Would be nice to have more visual observers down at the NLO as well, if so, I'd be more willing to bring my Celestron CPC800 down again. I'd imaging that you can get some pretty awesome views out of your Dob, sounds very impressive.

Regards,
Martin

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: mdsh
Board Statistics
The forum has 4364 topics and 23298 posts.

4 members have been online today: