While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Hi from Paul!

in Introduction to the group Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:52 am
by Paul (deleted)

Hi Guys!

Let me start of by saying that I am truly impressed about the astronomy club at the Norman Lockyer Observatory. It amazes me how much can be done with volunteer work.

Some of you I have met in person, some I have yet to meet. A bit about myself: I have been interested in astronomy and astrophotography since I was about twelve. Growing up in Norway, I spent many cold nights outside looking at celestial objects. Astronomy for me grew to be such a great interest that I decided astronomy is what I wanted to do with my life. Thus I am now working as a PhD student in astronomy at the University of Exeter. My study of astronomy has lead me all across the world and given me valuable experience using many professional telescopes.

For me, the Norman Lockeyer Observatory will be a place where I can give the equations and science of my work a rest and just enjoy the beauty of the night sky. I love talking about astronomy and exoplanets so don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Paul A. Wilson
http://www.paulanthonywilson.com/
Twitter

Scroll up

RE: Hi from Paul!

in Introduction to the group Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:46 am
by deepskysteve • 6.565 Posts

Welcome Paul. It was a pleasure meeting you, and someone with such enthusiasm is great for the observatory, as you know by now we are a bunch of excited children with astro imaging. Hope we can learn from each other.
Speak soon
Tak

Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:53 pm
by revandBellman • 5.125 Posts

Hi Paul
Look forward to seeing you againn on friday night. Maybe one week you could tell us a bit about your course and what you are studying after the first talk of the evening.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 am
by Dave • 3.236 Posts

Welcome Paul

I am sure we will learn from each other, see you again soon at the NLO

Dave

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:05 pm
by WhirlpoolRob • 869 Posts

Welcome Paul,
Hope to meet you soon @ the NLO

Cheers

Rob

A few bits and bobs!!
2E0UJM
Last edited Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 pm | Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:21 pm
by ComicalCosmologist (deleted)

Whoops, this shows how long it's been since I read the board properly. HI Paul, hopefully will finally meet you on Friday the 29th for the Exoplanet detecting exercise!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Dean_Ashton
Board Statistics
The forum has 4374 topics and 23327 posts.

8 members have been online today: