While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Introductions

in Introduction to the group Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:59 pm
by cpaulo • 5 Posts

Good Evening everyone at Astro Imaging Southwest

By way of introduction I am Craig and I live in the Cullompton area. I suppose I have been very much interested in the night sky for the majority of my 43 Yrs and having recently retired from a full career in the British Army I am turning my spare time towards imaging the night sky.

I am very much interested in Deep Sky Objects for which I have recently acquired an NEQ6 mount and a William Optics Z73 to compliment my SkyWatcher ED80 and Mak150, that I have been running on top of a EQ5. Whilst currently imaging with a Canon 600D DSLR I do have designs on moving towards a mono cooled CCD or the emerging CMOS equivalent.

So that's a bit about me, I intend to get down to NLO at some point in the near future for one of the Friday night meets and join NLO but until then I wish you all the very best and look forward to meeting as many of you guys and girls as possible both in person and/or through this forum.

My warmest regards to all.

Craig

Scroll up

RE: Introductions

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:35 am
by revandBellman • 5.169 Posts

Hello Craig, welcome to the forum. Look forward to meeting you at the NLO and seeing some of your images.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Last edited Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:35 am | Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:57 am
by deepskysteve • 6.603 Posts

Hi Craig, Welcome and thanks for the intro look forward to meeting you and having a good chat our little forum is pretty quiet at times but don't be put off do upload images etc and if you need anything just shout.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:23 pm
by Sharkeyward • 9 Posts

Craig,
Good to meet you , I joined only a couple of months ago and have had nothing but encouragement and friendship from this group and as a member of the NLO, the Friday night meets are great (even when its a bad sky night), would be good to meet up at NLO but you would have to talk to a serving matelot!

Simon

Skywatcher Explorer 200P, EQ5 with drive motors, Microsoft Life Cam Studio (Beginner!)
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:16 pm
by Leonis • 1.305 Posts

Welcome Craig! Hope to see you at the NLO soon. I too am a Veteran having served 25 years!

Lots of bits. Some useful, some not.
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:43 pm
by Martin-Devon • 212 Posts

Welcome Craig, good to have another Cullompton astronomer on the forum.

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:17 pm
by cpaulo • 5 Posts

Thank you Kate, I hope to get down to the NLO in the near future.

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:18 pm
by cpaulo • 5 Posts

Thank you for the warm welcome Steve.

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:22 pm
by cpaulo • 5 Posts

Ha Ha Shippers good to hear! Hey some of my favourite people were Matelots, I look forward to meeting you.

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:24 pm
by cpaulo • 5 Posts

Thank you Martin

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Stephen Gapper
Board Statistics
The forum has 4454 topics and 23538 posts.

1 member has been online today :