While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Hello

in Introduction to the group Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:33 pm
by Astro (deleted)

Hiya

My name is Chris, currently in the middle of an Astronomy & Astrobiology degree.
For kit, I have a 127mm Sky Watcher Maksutov-Cassegrain and a TAL 200K as well as frequent use of two 2-Meter telescopes based in the Northern & Southern Hemispheres.

Just a brief intro of myself, I'll look forward to getting to know the board and it's members :)

Scroll up

RE: Hello

in Introduction to the group Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:58 pm
by Dave • 3.234 Posts

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum.
That degree doesn't sound too easy, maybe you can teach us a thing or two.

Where are you based? I am near to Yeovil but members are spread throughout the south-west area.
Our meeting point is the Norman Lockyer Observatory in Sidmouth, we meet on Friday evenings. Why not come along some time and see what we are all about.

Dave

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 pm
by Astro (deleted)

Cheers

I'm currently based in Cardiff, but I do get around frequently so perhaps there will be a time I can join you all.

The degree is challenging, but quite rewarding, and as I've always had a strong passion for and interest in all things Astro related, it was a perfect fit for. As for teaching anyone anything, I'll be glad to try, but the more I learn the more I realize I know absolutely nothing, which I suppose is a good thing as it keeps me absorbing everything I possibly can :D

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 pm
by Dave • 3.234 Posts

Hi Chris

I was in Cardiff last night, Watching Peter Kay at the Cardiff International Arena.
Cardiff looks a great place to spend a few hours, do you suffer much light pollution at home or are you far enough away from the centre to be ok?

Dave

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:42 pm
by Astro (deleted)

I live just outside the centre in the Bay area so the light isn't too bad and the area I am in is darker which is very fortunate for observing when we have the skies for it :D

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:03 pm
by revandBellman • 5.120 Posts

Hello Chris
Welcome to the forum
kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 pm
by Steve (deleted)

Hi Chris

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:02 am
by Astro (deleted)

Thank you both for the welcome :)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: mdsh
Board Statistics
The forum has 4364 topics and 23298 posts.

4 members have been online today: