While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Imagers in Main Marquee - Did it work?

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:25 pm
by Katen • 273 Posts

What do you all feel about whether it worked the imagers displays being in the main marquee?

A couple of you mentioned sectioning off or showing where the traders stop and the Imagers start as you were asked about buying your own setups!!!

Getting a curtain across the marquee would cost around £300 and as the bigger marquee cost more to start with I doubt you would get it through the DIrectors! But how else could we achieve this?

An NLO Imagers sign at average eye level either side of the matting as you enter the images section?
Bunting strung from side to side?
Imagers onesies strung with broom handles through the arms from side to side of the marquee?

Thoughts and ideas welcome

Kate

Scroll up

RE: Imagers in Main Marquee - Did it work?

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:45 pm
by AllanJ • 601 Posts

Much as I like the idea of a string of thermals, how about office dividers - not cheap new, but available second hand / ebay, etc. Could be used as display boards as well.

Equinox ED80 and 66, HEQ5 Pro, Atik 460EX, 314L and Titan; Skywatcher 250P FlexTube Auto/GOTO; Celestron NexStar 4SE; Lunt LS60THa/B1200CPT Solar, DMK41
Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:38 pm
by Pete Bellem (deleted)

Hi kate.
There is an option as we have another year to work it out. The display in the main marquee worked very well I think. What about utilising the remnants of the old tents that are no longer to make a partition. As We have a year it could be possible to make it.
Pete

Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Yeah I think it worked OK, I think Pete's idea could work.
How about zoning the area in the main marquee, say Astro kit traders, other traders, Imagers, other Astro societies etc?

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:58 pm
by revandBellman • 5.137 Posts

Just need to make sure people visiting the marquee don't just choose to go to the traders section if the others are hidden by a screen.

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm
by Katen • 273 Posts

Pete zoning could well work or at least putting the scope type traders down the other end of the marquee so what is near you guys is not scope set ups. I am hoping to get enough paying traders that will mean that the other astro socs may be out in another tent next year. Kate I agree that a full screening off would be a shame as it looked great having that big wide open space. Maybe if we screened it could be only up to waist or chest height (of an average height person)!

Scroll up

in ASTRONOMY FAIR Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:05 pm
by revandBellman • 5.137 Posts

Maybe we could have signs like Petes nice sign in the grounds showing where all the domes are.

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Col1807
Board Statistics
The forum has 4394 topics and 23394 posts.

3 members have been online today: