While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Equipment and use

in A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE IMAGING ROUTE Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:43 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.558 Posts

I just need to point out to anyone starting in imaging, it is a very demanding part of the hobby and it has the steepest learning curve of all.

You can buy your scopes, cameras, guide scopes and cameras and get the software. Only experience, persistence, determination and most of all listening to advice for the basics

Every imager starts at the same point the bottom, either knowing a little or nothing you need to do a lot of research as to how you can achieve a workable set up, one persons set up will most certainly not work in the same way as your set up, you have to find what works for you the basics are the same but the final results will be different.

I see too many people at times struggling with software, guiding and accessories computers are the worst culprit one will work and the next one won't

There are numerous tutorials on the web within the hobby to learn from, if you come across something different we encourage members to share with others, no body has all the answers to all your questions but we do try to advise people onto the right track it's also up to you as an individual to take this further.

Please also remember that other members are more than willing to help but please be aware that they also want to enjoy an evening of imaging and not be teacher all night, if your having difficulties please do say so but above all be patient sometimes we just won't have the answer to your particular problem, but various scenarios will be offered for you explore.

Understand your scopes, understand your cameras and understand your software.

If your having trouble with something don't phaf about all night skip it and do something else I have completely abandoned deep sky imaging before now and moved onto imaging the moon or a planet at least I had some images not bad memories make the most of the time , we get very little time as it is, so grab it...
Steve
Processing images is the hardest of the imaging scene it can take numerous hours to achieve a good result or it could take half an hour?, all depends on the complexity of the image and the data.

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: mdsh
Board Statistics
The forum has 4364 topics and 23298 posts.

4 members have been online today: