While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Greetings.

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 am
by SOS Tim (deleted)

Hello all.

For those forum members that dont already know me, Hi! I have been a member of the NLO SPAM group for a few years now, running the outstation in Southend on Sea. I have always had an interest in astronomy but limited to stargazing with the mark 1 eyeball until I got a Meade Starnavigator 4" refractor a couple of yesrs ago. I suffer with a great deal of light pollution here from the city and live very close to the airport that illuminates the sky, so deep sky objects are wiped out completely. I have had a go at imaging the planets and got some images of the Moon, Jupiter and its moons and Saturn, but nothing spectacular. My main reason for being here I suppose is that I recently fitted a Baader white light filter to my scope and got some nice images of sunspot AR1711. I got very excited about this so also got a Coronado PST HA scope. I think that visual observations and imaging the Sun will complement my radio detections well in an effort to understand its dynamic nature and effects it has on the Earth. I hope to pick up some hints and tips to improve my chances and quality of planetary imaging and astrophotography in general. I am using a Praktica 1100Z with an astro imaging afocal mount. I have a webcam to try out but not had an opportunity to try it yet this year. Lots to learn! I look forward to seeing your images of deepsky objects as I would very much like to be able to see and image these amazing sights.

Cheers and all the best.

Tim

Scroll up

RE: Greetings.

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:35 am
by revandBellman • 5.109 Posts

Hello Tim,
Nice to see you on the Forum.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Last edited Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:42 pm | Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 pm
by Dave • 3.218 Posts

Hi Tim

Some nice pics shown so far, things can only get better. I managed some images this weekend of the Sun, as Did Clive (SPAM Forum) and we will upload them later this week when we get time to process them.

Dave

Celestron 9.25" SCT - Celestron 6" SCT (*2) - Williams Optics ZS70 - Williams Optics ZS66 - Coronado PST
NEQ6 Pro Mount - CG5-GT - Celestron Nexstar SE - Skywatcher All-View Mount
Atik 460 EX CCD -Atik 314L CCD - Atik Titan CCD - Atik OAG - Atik EFW2 - Canon 350D
Lumenera 120M cam. Microsoft Lifecam HD - SPC900NC - Various filters and stuff.
U816 Quadcopter (THE BEAST!)
CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.548 Posts

Hi Tim, Welcome on board glad you have joined us.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Hi Tim, Pete here, welcome to the forum.
Sill learning myself, I'm ok with the kit side of things it's the software that kills me!

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: darknight
Board Statistics
The forum has 4344 topics and 23231 posts.

6 members have been online today: