While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Hi

in Introduction to the group Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm
by Rainbow (deleted)

Hello all. Just starting out on the astronomy front though I've had an interest in all things space for a long time. I attended the course with my son yesterday and found it very informative. Thanks to all of the NLOS team who contributed to a very interesting day. My son and I have joined the Society and look forward to meeting people and picking brains. I work in London during the week so it will be difficult to get to weekday events so The forum looks like a useful source of knowledge. I bought a Meade LS8 SCT telescope for its simplicity in set up and to get us observing without too steep a learning curve. It certainly has met that objective though I'm sufficiently up the learning curve to realise it is not a good platform for going forward with deep sky imaging which is where I'd like to move onto next. I'll probably try some afocal imaging with the iPhone and I've found an old web cam which I'll try modifying for a bit of planetary imaging. All while I'm trying to make a decision on what to invest the hard earned cash in next.

David

Scroll up

RE: Hi

in Introduction to the group Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:42 pm
by revandBellman • 5.125 Posts

Hello David,
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask as many question as you need to work out what you need for deep sky imaging.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:15 pm
by Martin-Devon • 211 Posts

Hello David & welcome - look forward to meeting you soon at the NLO.

Martin

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 pm
by WhirlpoolRob • 869 Posts

Hi David,

Glad you enjoyed the Astro imaging course at the weekend, look forward to seeing you at the NLO sometime in the future.

Happy days,

Rob

A few bits and bobs!!
2E0UJM
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:39 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.565 Posts

Welcome David, glad you enjoyed the course and it was useful for you, weather is our enemy as you can imagine look forward to helping you as much as we can.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:01 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Hi David, hope to meet you soon.

Pete

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Dean_Ashton
Board Statistics
The forum has 4374 topics and 23327 posts.

8 members have been online today: