While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Hello!

in Introduction to the group Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 am
by Ben • 9 Posts

Hi everyone!

New to the forums. I was on the course yesterday (the 15th), which was great.
I've always had an interest in astronomy, but I bought my first telescope (A Celestron Skyprodigy 130) a few months ago and have been experimenting ever since. At the moment, I am studying for my A-levels and hope to do a degree in astrophysics afterwards. I am interested in astrophotography and have had some success with the moon and saturn.

Also interested in setting up a S.P.A.M meteor detection aerial, if that is possible.

Ben

Skywatcher 200PDS with HEQ 5 Pro Synscan mount.
http://cheddarspacescience.org/
Scroll up

RE: Hello!

in Introduction to the group Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:56 am
by WhirlpoolRob • 869 Posts

Welcome to the forum...glad you liked yesterday.. Happy days
Rob Banks

A few bits and bobs!!
2E0UJM
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 am
by revandBellman • 5.122 Posts

Hello Ben, glad you decide to join us. If you are interested in spam check out their we page, link is up top in grey section in the bottom row.
Ask any questions you want and do put your images up in the gallery.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am
by Dave • 3.234 Posts

Welcome to the forum Ben.

Nice to meet you yesterday, and as Kate mentioned the SPAM pages and forum can help you if you decide you want to set up a station at home.

Dave

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:09 pm
by Martin-Devon • 211 Posts

Welcome Ben - look forward to meeting you on a Friday evening at the NLO.

Regards,
Martin

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 pm
by Grahame • 378 Posts

Welcome Ben.
They are a friendly bunch at the NLO, most of them don't bite
Cheers,
Grahame.

Celestron NexStar 8SE, William Optics ZS70, Celestron Neximage 5, SPC900, Microsoft Lifecam, Canon 6D, 1100D with some L glass.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9960425@N05/
Last edited Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:21 pm | Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 pm
by Leonis • 1.272 Posts

Welcome Ben! It was nice to talk to you, your Dad and brother yesterday and I'm glad you enjoyed the NLO.
John ( I showed you the McClean scope)

Lots of bits. Some useful, some not.
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.561 Posts

Hi Ben, welcome glad you enjoyed the course look forward to seeing you again soon.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:12 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Hi Ben, lookforward to meeting you , if you are at the NLO this Friday evening we can introduce you to Will my son who is doing a BSc in Astronomy at Glamorgan Uni, he is also into Astrophotography. He also looked into Astrophysiscs at Exeter and Cardiff and I'm sure he'd give you some insight. He's going back to Uni on Saturday but will be back at Christmas.

Pete

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Dean_Ashton
Board Statistics
The forum has 4368 topics and 23312 posts.

1 member has been online today :