While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

ChrisSPICA landing in Forum

in Introduction to the group Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:06 pm
by ChrisSPICA (deleted)

Hi Folks,

You know me from the Friday evenings and monthly lectures since April 2011. I've got round to joining the Forum at last!

I know nothing about astronomy but I am fascinated. I'm learning fast with the help of all the regulars and the super mini-lectures each week.

I don't intend to buy a telescope for at least 2 years. For 2012 I'd like to learn to use historic and other club scopes.

My leisure background is in outdoor activities (top 2 - Orienteering & XcSking) and nature. I've been involved in conservation of Woodland and Wildflower Meadows and recognise the potential of the Lowland Heath, which is the NLO land.

As NLO membership carries an obligation to help in the running of the organisation, I've got involved with the managements of the grounds. Lots of ideas to improve the grounds, for NLO use and good habitat to co-exist. I'm trying to offer about half a day a week, but the weather and short days have shortened progress this autumn.

When I get going with mini-projects I'll be looking for some help - both brawn and brain - to speed them on. We have an email group (4 so far) to brainstorm, share info and actions. Maybe a corner of this forum could be dedicated to the NLO grounds activities?

May you all have a special year for observing in 2012 - both far into the Universe and below your feet.

Chris V.

Scroll up

RE: ChrisSPICA landing in Forum

in Introduction to the group Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 am
by deepskysteve • 6.547 Posts

Hi Chris, The forum you really need to place your interest is the yahoo forum for NLO members there you will find a lot of members who will never use this forum as it is dedicated to 90% imaging and not a general NLO forum, your welcome to put your wants on here as well as the other forum but to get a broader audience you need to join observers yahoo group. Link at the top of the forum called NLO YAHOO FORUM. Here there are members who maybe very interested in helping you with your projects.
Hope this helps

Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

RE: ChrisSPICA landing in Forum

in Introduction to the group Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:47 am
by ChrisSPICA (deleted)

Thanks Steve. I've been struggling to find the address. Only just checked this message string. I've joined but have yet to get the feel of it. Will post the 'sapling planting' event soon in both forums.

Last edited Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:48 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: darknight
Board Statistics
The forum has 4342 topics and 23224 posts.

1 member has been online today :