While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Finally made it to the forum

in Introduction to the group Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:03 pm
by StephenW • 12 Posts

Hello,

I have been to the NLO on many Fridays for the last few months, and now I am finally on the forum.
As a newbie I'm glad I decided to join first and buy kit later - I would certainly have bought some inadequte gear without the advice I have been given.
I am interesting in several areas - visual observation, imaging, and also the science of what is going on out there and how we know that. I'm looking forward to getting my own gear and learning how to use it in the near future.

Stephen

Celestron C6 with HEQ5
Canon EOS 60D

Scroll up

RE: Finally made it to the forum

in Introduction to the group Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 pm
by Leonis • 1.252 Posts

Welcome Stephen! Once you are hooked that's it.

Lots of bits. Some useful, some not.
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 pm
by revandBellman • 5.101 Posts

Welcome Stephen, look forward to seeing you again soon
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am
by Martin-Devon • 210 Posts

Hello Stephen and welcome to the forum. I also alternate between visual observing & imaging and find that this gives the best of both worlds. Look forward to meeting you at the NLO on a Friday night.

Regards,
Martin

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:58 pm
by Herbig • 724 Posts

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum, see you soon!

Pete

Takahashi TSA102S, William Optics GT81 and Zenithstar 66SD APO, 5" AE Luton Refractors, , Celestron C8 SCT, Coronado PST, Mounts: Skywatcher NEQ6 & iOptron Mini Tower Pro, Meade 5000 series EP's and other bits, Atik Titan, Meade DSI, Lumenera LM075 Mono CCD's, Canon 5D mk3, Atik manual filter wheel, Baader filters.
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:19 pm
by deepskysteve • 6.535 Posts

Welcome Steve nice to see you here
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: darknight
Board Statistics
The forum has 4331 topics and 23188 posts.

1 member has been online today :