While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Welcome Satellite

in Introduction to the group Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:26 pm
by revandBellman • 5.122 Posts

Hello Clive,
Welcome to the forum.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

RE: Welcome Satellite

in Introduction to the group Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:20 pm
by Dave • 3.234 Posts

Hi Clive

Welcome to the forum

Dave

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:40 am
by deepskysteve • 6.561 Posts

Welcome Clive nice to see you here enjoy the forum.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 pm
by WhirlpoolRob • 869 Posts

hi clive
welcome
rob

A few bits and bobs!!
2E0UJM
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:02 am
by Satellite (deleted)

Hi Rob, Kate told me that members had posted `welcome` messages. I did not know -- and I am rather red faced about it.

I am not the most computer literate person, as you are finding out now. I will no doubt discover others in the future and reply to them as well.

Having said that, I have really appreciated the way that you have given your knowledge and expertise to me. It has been a great help. Imaging is complex and not to be undertaken lightly -- I am sure it will take a lot of Q and A`s put to members like yourself before I get even a small toe hold on the understanding ladder. Again apologies for not replying sooner to your welcome message.

Clive.

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 am
by Satellite (deleted)

Hello Kate

Many thanks for pointing out that i had messages of `welcome` from members.

Not the greatest of computerists -- but I have found them now! Thanks for letting me into the NLO astro group.

I hope to struggle less and less as time goes on. I like to look and listen, my speach developes as I gain confidence!
Again, thanks.

Clive

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:20 am
by Satellite (deleted)

Hi Steve

Thanks for your welcome to the forum. Kate told me that I had `welcome` messages. I had not found them and I am somewhat red-faced about that.

I do and I will continue to enjoy the forum and NLO. Thanks for accepting me into your ranks.

I have received lots of advice and help from everyone. I hope to crack imaging but I realise that will take time so lets hope the big guy up there does not throw the BIG switch for a while yet ....
Thanks Steve.
Clive

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 am
by Satellite (deleted)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your `welcome` message. I have missed `welcome` messages from members of the forum, for which I am sorry about.
I would like to thank you for all the help you have given me and also with your great patience with my many questions that I have plagued you with over the last 3 or 4 occasions that I have been on site. I have a LOT to learn and hope to be able to produce images this summer/autumn when I get set up.
Again my thanks
Clive

Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:25 pm
by Martin-Devon • 211 Posts

Hello Clive - it was good to meet you at the NLO last night, and to put a face to the name! Good luck with the new pier that you are installing.

Regards,
Martin (Devon)

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

in Introduction to the group Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 am
by Satellite (deleted)

Hello Martin,

Yes - Hi ! Lots of new faces and names -- boy does that expose one of my many weak spots. Thanks for the good wishes on the pier. Man, is that piece of `H` beam heavy, my wife, Jill couldn`t lift it ! I am really enjoying NLO and the level of help and advice that flows here.

Bye for now.

Clive

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Dean_Ashton
Board Statistics
The forum has 4368 topics and 23312 posts.

1 member has been online today :