While on forum remember to keep refreshing page so you can see new info and personal messages

SIR PATRICK MOORE 1923-2012

Norman Lockyer Observatory.

Basic Maxim processing

in Tutorials Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 pm
by Dave • 3.237 Posts

Here is a guide to basic image stack / align and stretching of images using Maxim DL
I have not included anything to do with darks / flats / bias frames, this is best saved for a later lesson.

http://merriott-astro.co.uk/Merriott_Obs...Processing.html

Please let me know
1) If it works
2) If there are any errors
3) If you feel I could improve this in any way.

Hope to see some of your images from using this soon in the gallery!

Dave

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Last edited Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:53 am | Scroll up

RE: Basic Maxim processing

in Tutorials Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:40 pm
by revandBellman • 5.132 Posts

Looks good, opens fine. the combine align box is sitting on top of some words, as are all the images after that. i think they have all jumped down a space when you saved.
Really useful though.
Kate

NEQ6 mount, C6 telescope with skywatcher guide scope for moving around with Starlight SXVR H9 main camera and SX auto guider.
Celestron C9.25 and WOZ 72 in dome with atik 460 camera and a Co-star for guiding with alpy for spectroscopy.
MCT5 with SE mount and SXVR MX 916 camera and star analyser for spectroscopy
Scroll up

in Tutorials Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 pm
by Dave • 3.237 Posts

will check when I get home and align as required, thanks for the feedback

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Tutorials Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 am
by deepskysteve • 6.572 Posts

I didn't see this, looks very professional Dave, you must be slipping lol.
Steve

Celestron CG5 Goto with C6 & William optics Z66. Williams ZS70, (Meade DSIPro2 Mono Skycam), Lifecam HD webcamera, Watec 902H, SPC900 webcam, Logitec Pro 4000 webcam, Atik 314L+ Nextimage 5 camera, IFLY4 Quadcopter, H.A.L scratch built Quadcopter GPS full autonomous machine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepskysteve/with/9135237742/
Scroll up

in Tutorials Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:55 am
by Dave • 3.237 Posts

:p
KNICKERS!

CALL SIGN - M6OCO
Scroll up

in Tutorials Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:58 pm
by Martin-Devon • 211 Posts

Dave, many thanks for pulling this together - it was a great help. I'm sure it took you some considerable time to do. In addition to myself, I'm sure that others starting off with the basics of Maxim will also benefit a lot from this tutorial.

I've run through the tutorial a few times today using the 20 subs that you/I captured of M51 last Friday on my set-up; I get a reasonable end result, but still not up to the refinement & clarity that you did showing me quickly how you used Maxim - so I've still got some things to adjust and modify to replicate what you did. I'll send you an e-mail shortly with some screen captures of my attempts and queries in a moment.

Thanks again though for your help with all of this.

Martin

Astro-Physics Mach-1, Takahashi FSQ 106, QSI 690, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, Lodestar guider, Astrodon 3nM narrowband and Baader LRGB filters. Astro images on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin-astro/
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Col1807
Board Statistics
The forum has 4386 topics and 23367 posts.

3 members have been online today: